Saturday 7 December 2013

I'm A Volunteer.

Hello darlas! Yes, yes. It's been like forever! I know y'all missing this Queen/Diva* so much, right? Well, don't pause just yet because I miss y'all too, so much!
*ME

There's a lot of good stories I wanna share with y'all like seriously! Lol. Here we go!

I started this wonderful 'Volunteer Programme' on June. Its volunteering for 'Petrosains' thingy and that's the reason why I've been busy! Frankly speaking, it's not just any volunteer programme. It's wonderful. I know it's kinda cheesy but it's the truth!

How was my interview? Well, I managed to smiled even though they saw me shaking. Smile always win people's heart, right? ;) I sounded shaky but at the same time I was confident, I think. Hahaa. However, the dress code for the interview was smart and casual and guess what?? I wore a jeans-shirt tucked in with a pair of jeans. How lame is that?! Haha. To be honest, I didn't know what casual smart looks like. I know I should "Google" it but I didn't. I wasn't thinking, I guess.Despite all of that lame-ness, I succeed!

What's next? After my interview, they called me to informed that I'm IN! *fangirling* So, I attended the Volunteer Orientation Programme also known as, VOP for 5 days.

What with the VOP? VOP is like ice-breaking and really understand yourself as a volunteer and the responsibility. I managed to actually "bloom" a little bit more from VOP. It also determined which department* I'm now. It taught me to opened up myself to new people and any environment that I'm in. Less afraid, braver!
*Program Department

How's VOP for me, personally? For me, I had a rough start, I guess because I'm not the person who starts conversation with new people. I always had hard times with that and I don't even know why. But I did smiled, though. Plus, (this might be embarrassing) I was rushing and I wore my shirt inside out! Hahaa. However, I met this one girl named, Miza Rasyida. She's the first person who said "Hi" to me. Yes, from there we became friends, good friends! Along the way, I met Shamil Daud, Donna Muslim, Zamir Aliff, etc. We* had to create our own signature line and mine was "Diva" while *snap yo fingers* movement! After 5 days of fun and hectic, I'm officially a volunteer!
*volunteers

What's next? After the VOP, I had to attend the On Job Training also known as OJT for 7 days. During this OJT, we as volunteer had to studied every exhibits, mini shows and understands the daily operation. It was something new for me. I actually trained there to reach out to people(visitors) and be more outspoken about things. After 7 days of OJT, I'm officially a Program Volunteer! *hi-5*

Being a Volunteer at Petrosains really changed me a lot. I learned a lot! I gained not only knowledge but I also gained self confidence, friends, support etc. Guess what? I'm an art student but that is not a "barrier" for me to earn more knowledge in science. I LOVE SCIENCE!

What I love about Petrosains? Usually, kids or even the adults are afraid of learning or asking something they don't know, even for myself. However for me, Petrosains changed it and makes it a lot interesting and easier to understand. It gives you high curiosity and at the same time it makes you create wonders towards science. It shows that science isn't just a subject that we used to learned in school but it's more than that. It's about the things we do or deal with in our daily life.

There are tons of fun activities you can learn and explore with your family and friends! What are you waiting for? Come and visit Petrosains! For more information, here's the web, www.petrosains.com.my .

Just in case, ya know!

That's all from me, for today. Thank you for reading! (I told you its a lot) If there's any question or story that you would like to share, please write it in the comment box below! Take care darlas!

I apologize if I hurt anyone, mentally or emotionally.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just saw your post and it was really nice. I just want to know how long was the volunteer programme?

    ReplyDelete